The Slow Food High Country – Boone convivium began event planning and member recruitment during the summer of 2007. The convivium needs your support to continue these gatherings and educational activities. We welcome everyone at all events–member or not–but please consider becoming a member! Your financial contribution helps fund events and education. While most events are offered at no charge, for some there is a nominal cost to cover materials, wine for wine-tasting and other exceptional costs.
When you become a member of Slow Food, your support helps us move towards a more delicious and sustainable future. Your membership dues support and further the growth of national and international programs. Your membership benefits also include:
- A one-year subscription to The Snail
- The Food Chain, our monthly e-newsletter
- A personal membership card and a copy of the Slow Food Companion (for first-time members, mailed quarterly)
- Membership in your local Convivium and invitations to local, national and international Slow Food events, festivals, tours, and workshops.
- Discounts on merchandise including the Slow Food Guides to New York City, Chicago and San Francisco and other items.
There are 80,000 Slow Food members in 130 countries with 15,000 in the United States. To become an official member, visit the secure Slow Food USA membership site.